Wing on Wing, LLC, Principal/Founder, January 2021-Present
- From content creation to copy editing, Wing on Wing is here to help your brand communicate its unique position in the world to your customers. Whether you need a writer for an article, someone to manage your Instagram, or are looking for an entire marketing strategy overhaul, let us help bring words to your meaning. We work with clients in a number of fields, including: sports and sports marketing, technology, photography, law, travel, culinary brands, lifestyle blogging, marketing and media, and event production. WingonwingLLC.com
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification. Execute all social media advertising campaigns and manage social media marketing budgets.
- Generate, edit, publish and share content across multiple platforms, building meaningful connections and encouraging customers to register for our events.
- Optimize all of our company pages and sub-event pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content. Monitor and moderate user-generated content across all platforms.
- Continuously improve strategy by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights, industry trends and best practices.
- Collaborate with all staff daily (creative, marketing, logistics, budget management) to identify and execute the best strategies for Gray Matter Marketing.
- Collaborate and contribute to all email marketing, and create press releases and manage all media inquiries.
Freelance Writer, September 2011-January 2021
- Published in: Readers Digest, USA Today, Washingtonian Magazine, Newport Seen, Newport Life Magazine, SAIL Magazine, Cruising World Magazine, Cobblestay Travel Blog, Newport Home, We Said Go Travel, The Boston Examiner, City Crawl Magazine, Women and Cruising Magazine, Newport Wedding Magazine, Ask Miss A, and more
Sailing World Magazine, Associate Editor, May 2014-March 2017
- Create preview and live coverage, on site, at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Write and edit articles and features for both online and bi-monthly print magazine. Collaborate with design and editorial team on magazine from start to ship.
- Oversee entire front of book section, from story assignments to design.
- Manage freelance writers and photographers, keep track of contracts and securing rights to materials
- Attend industry events representing Sailing World/Bonnier Corp., report on events and maintain event websites and media updates
- Provide comprehensive marketing services for small businesses in a variety of markets
- Coordinate with freelance and contracted designers to produce high-quality materials for campaigns
- Meet with potential and existing clients to discuss business goals, marketing strategy, and partnership
- Administered website platform from the back end, categorizing content to create fluid user experience
- Organized the corporate intranet system to ensure consistency and accessibility across teams
- Composed, edited, formatted, and published daily articles for SailMagazine.com and print articles; Evaluated article submissions and pitches for publication both online and in print
- Created and applied a social media strategy for the brand, including expansion into new platforms
- Communicated with subscribers, businesses, and advertisers to increase the reach of the magazine
Junior League of Rhode Island, Member, September 2014 - Present
- Previous roles: Membership Council Director,
- Previous roles: Lead Coach
Education: Degrees, Honors, and Student Leadership
Providence College, MBA ; Marketing Specialization
Graduation: December 2021
Accolades: Military Spouses of Newport Scholarship recipient (2020-21)
Providence College, Graduate Certificate; Sports Management
Graduation: May 2021
American University, BA, Print Journalism. BA, Secondary Education [English]
Graduation: May 2013
Accolades: Student Leadership Scholarship recipient (2009-13), President of Sigma Delta Tau Sorority (2012-13), Vice President of Kappa Delta Pi Honors Society (2011-2013), Social Chair of Sigma Delta Tau Sorority (2010-12), American University Sailing Team President (2011-12), Washington Post Consortium (Fall 2010)
The Lawrenceville School
Graduation: May 2008